Broker Licensed in DC, MD & VA
"Working Hard to Exceed Your Expectation"
It’s a new day in the world of real estate! No one knows that better than Washington, DC metro real estate Broker Betty Pelzer-Sharper, and, I know that each new day offers all of us new challenges accompanied by new opportunities. In recent years, we've all watched property values soar to inflated levels and plummet to unbelievable depths. As a result, unfortunately, but not surprisingly, mistrust is at the forefront of the minds of many consumers.
My ultimate goal is to put your mind at ease, while helping you make the best decisions possible regarding real estate. I am also committed to helping you think smarter and plan smarter for your real estate successes, not just for a few years or during trying times, but for a lifetime.
I encourage you to learn from the challenges of the day and embrace the opportunities which accompany them with a renewed sense of purpose and optimism. There are opportunities awaiting the informed consumer in today’s Washington, DC metro real estate market and it is my goal to keep you well informed.
I chose real estate as the business to go into because I love architectural, interior and landscaping design and helping people achieve their dreams.
I have many years of experience in management and finance. (Former career in management, budget and financing at the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation) I feel that my experience in management and finance and my love for helping people were good combinations to create a great real estate business.
I do not look at real estate as just selling or listing property, but I look at it as an opportunity to educate and assist people in making one of the largest investments of their life and one that will greatly impact their lifestyle.
I grew up and attended school in the Washington, DC metro area. My husband and I love living in the Washington, DC metro area.
Staying well informed and educated on real estate in general and Washington, DC metro real estate in particular is crucial to providing you the very best real estate service. Below are the many professional accomplishments I have achieved:
- Graduate of Realtor's® Leadership Academy
- Accredited Buyer Representative (ABR) - The benchmark of excellence in buyer representation. This designation is awarded to real estate agents who meet the specified educational and practical experience criteria.
- Certified Distressed Property Expert (CDPE) - Award to agents that have dedicated their time and efforts to understanding the issues of distressed homeowners and the full range of solutions to resolve their issues.
- Certified Residential Specialist (CRS) - Provides real estate agents with in-depth knowledge about the real estate business and transactions. The designation of CRS has been earned through training in residential real estate and the proven track record of real estate transactions required.
- Graduate of Realtor Institute (GRI) - Provide agent with a keen understanding of the real estate business.
- Certified Financial Management Analyst
- Certified Program Analyst
- Graduate, University of Maryland/University College, B.S. Business Mgmt., minor Information Technology
- Broker in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia
- Member, National Association of Realtors® (NAR)
- Member, Maryland Association of Realtors® (VAR)
- Member, Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors® (GCAAR)
- Member, Metropolitan Regional Information System (MRIS)
- Past Member, Board of Director's Greater Capital Area Association of Realtors® (GCAAR)
- Past Member, Maryland Realtor's® Political Action Committee
- Past Member, Maryland Association of Realtor's® Equal Opportunity/Affordable Housing Committee
- Financial Literacy Instructor, Montgomery County Family Ctr, Catholic Charities of the Archdiocese of Washington (2012-2013)
- Past Chairperson, Lexington Community HOA Architectural Committee
- Past Chairperson, Westfarm Homeowners Association, Architectural Committee
- Past Mentor, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation Mentoring Program